Shooting 6000-8000+ photos at a wedding - RANT :-)

Started Jun 2, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SorinI
Regular MemberPosts: 241
Like?
Shooting 6000-8000+ photos at a wedding - RANT :-)
Jun 2, 2008

Reading a post of a fellow wedding photog, today, I had a revelation: he said that he shot 8500 photos, and later on he mentioned that he kept 1500+ photos.

It is not a bit...too much? I mean shooting 8000, or even 6000 photos sounds like you shoot weddings, using your previous machine-gunner army training experience.

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to anybody, and I really mean it, is just that I am amazed by those numbers…

I will put it in numbers, if you where to shoot on 35 mm film, 36 exposures on each film, you where supposed to reload film in your cameras 236 times (and some change and I am sure that only the film loading time was supposed to take you around 8 hours from your wedding time

A different way to put it in numbers: 8 hours = 480 minutes = 28800 seconds and 28800 seconds divided to 8500 shots= 1 shot every 3.38 seconds. Ok, the photog he may exaggerate a bit the numbers, we are all human and we make mistakes.

I do shot weddings, usually a wedding in Cyprus means about 6-8 hours of shooting, in this time I usually get about 600-800 photos, and most of the time the couple receive somewhere at 500-600 photos.

I also realize that that the digital era make me shoot faster and to think slower: before, on the film days, I was taking care of framing, exposure, composition, before to press the shooter, now i know that I can see the result and I will adjust the next photo accordingly. But from here to 8000+ shots in 8 hours, sounds like a bit too much. I will put it in numbers, if you where to shoot on 35 mm film, 36 exposure on each film, you where supposed to reload film in your cameras 236 times (and some change and I am sure that only the film loading time was supposed to take you around 8 hours loading time.
You also believe that the shooting digital makes you trigger happy?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow