Started May 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yudi
Regular MemberPosts: 391Gear list
Like?
DA*50-135mm at Yellowstone
May 30, 2008

I bought the DA* 50-135mm just one week before I went to Yellowstone.

Why DA* 50-135mm? I need a better lens for this trip so that I would not miss too much and regret afterward. THE lens I really want is the longer DA*60-250mm. So, I also brought the DA18-250mm with me, at least , it is sharper than my FAJ 75-300mm.

The shortage of DA*50-135mm is its huge lens hood. Since I drove around for most of the time in Yellowstone, I have no problem to carry it. But, I have to put the lens hood on & off too frequently, which makes me think that I may need to buy an extra lens hood for it right now when it is available. Otherwise, like the DA 16-45mm, I have to google the whole universe to find a new hood for it.

I took the DA18-250mm for my S.E. Asia trip last winter. It is a very convenient lens for a hurry & run tour. However, I found I spent too much time on P.P. to get the color correct after coming back. I don't know if I want to keep it or not in the future. For hiking, I would prefer to have my old 16-45mm and 50-200mm with me, because they render better landscape colors.

Here are some sample pictures from these two lenses:

Look these! I wish I had a BIGMA!

-- hide signature --

yudi's gear list:yudi's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow