Started May 29, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ardpreview
Regular MemberPosts: 348
Like?
Sears Walmart Portrait jobs
May 29, 2008

If i should be asking this in a diff forum please let me know. I just asked here since i think pentax people are nice.

Was wondering if anyone here has worked in a portrait studio like sears, walmart etc. I need to find work to pay the bills and was hoping to stay in a photography mode. I'm very hesitant to working up front, dealing with people and all their demands and idiosyncrasies. I'd much rather be in the back processing but have never done that either. My thinking is that i havent done much portrait/multi flash work so it would be a good learning experience. But now that i think more and more about it, unhappy people, crying babies, trying to connect with unconnectable people; maybe i shouldn't bother. I'd much rather be an assistant than to take the lead in trying to manipulate a smile out of a teething baby.

So anyone with experience in portrait or lab development work please share your opinions and maybe help me avoid a dreadful job and discouraging experience?

Thanks for any input!

-- hide signature --

var

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow