ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miralee
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
R2400 or R1900
May 22, 2008

Hi

I'm trying to decide which of the above two printers I should buy. A knowledgeable person advised below.

"You may want to look at a new printer, this one has had a long life, and has made you comfortable and happy, that is good.(He was referring to my old Epson 2000P) On the bright side pigment ink printers have come a long way, better inks, better blacks, brighter, more accurate colors. Look at the HP B9180, Epson R2400 or the Canon 9500. All will do great prints."

He did not include the R1900. I wonder why? Can anyone tell me what qualities (objectively speaking) the 2400 has that the 1900 does not have. The 2400 costs about 100 euros more than the 1900. Why should that be I'm asking myself.
The 2400 was on sale in 2005 and the 1900 is new....

I print almost exclusively on various matte art papers, smallish B/W and color prints . I do not print from photos, only Epson 4490 scans of paintings,worked on in Photoshop. I'd like to stay with pigment ink I think.

I'd really appreciate any useful comments.

Mira

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow