Started May 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phileas Fogg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,317
Like?
Convince me to buy an iMac...
May 20, 2008

Ok, I'm finally working on my business plan to return my business back to a full time one. I have been doing it on the side for a few years and finally am getting past procrastination. I'm costing out things I will need to bring it to a F/T effort. I want another computer so I have one at the office and one at home. I currently use a P.C desktop with XP on it. I am fine with it for now but am thinking a switch to Mac could be in store. I will use a Mac at the office and keep my P.C. at home for now. If I like Mac I will then upgrade the home P.C. I will do most of my business work at the office and if I get a Mac on it. I will save photo files on an external hard drive so I can bring images home and work on using Photo shop at home if need be. I use Canon gear and DPP as my main converter, but can use Photo shop too. I have Photo shop for my P.C. and figure Photo shop on a Mac will allow me to work between both unless I'm incorrect. So again why should I go iMac?

I am wary of Vista and at times get tired of all the maintenance updates Windows currently has me doing with XP. Personally though I did not have many issues with XP and would happily stay with it if Microsoft was committed to it for a fair time but they are going all out to Vista and that means a P.C. will have to and likely will be loaded with Vista. Mac seems and I may be wrong to be so much easier on the mind am I right? I know that once loaded up a new P.C. will be about the same price as a iMac maybe a bit lower but unlike iMac a P.C. can be more easily updated if need be or am I incorrect? I saw the Leopard tutorial video at Apple, and it looks nice but it is a bit of a sales job. Why should I like OS10 over Vista? BTW if I go Mac I'll likely buy a refurb iMac in aluminium because I love the glossy screen. I have an NEC screen on my P.C. and it's glossy image makes contrast so good to my eyes.

I thank any of you in advance for opinions and advice.

-- hide signature --

visit my photo gallery of images from my 10D

http://phileas.fotopic.net/c258181.html

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow