Started May 17, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HonourableTyr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,002
Like?
Perfect DA*16-50 Not so perfect anymore :'(
May 17, 2008

I got my DA*16-50 out to take some photos this afternoon and was very worried to find that the SDM motor was not working at all.

I half pressed the shutter, fiddled with the AF button, changed the focus lever and switch and nothing happened. I did the same on the 2nd K10D body we have and it was exactly the same.

I was starting to sort out sending it to Pentax to look at, it was all neatly packed away. I decided I'd get it out and have an other look. This time I heard movement within the lens, the AF mechanism was moving extremely slowly and in a jumpy manner, hopping half a millimetre or so on the distance indicator. I got it to move all the way through the focus range once each way painfully slowly. The next time I got it to move it focused at a normal speed but making a squeaky noise as it did so.

It seems to have returned to normal apart from the squeaky AF noise. Does anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions?

I am a little worried as my only other lens my 50-200 is non functional as it won't focus any more. Images are very soft throughout the focus range (thing 85mm soft) and it is completely out of focus when set near infinity on targets far away. Things are not going well...

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Tyr

Finally got a gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tyr.francoperlak

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow