Lechero
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,318
Like?
Gus
In reply to ghall24, May 12, 2008

ghall24 wrote:

Do you recommend Spot metering
--

Hi Gus Hallgren, I got comfortably used to Spot metering and at this moment it is the only metering system I apply. In the future, I will have to try with the other metering systems.

We have to expose for the lights.I use Spot metering because find it practical and effective, in combination with the histogram, to measure Brightness. In outdoors as well as indoors, P mode (I did not try yet with other modes) I aim the center spot to several bright selected places of my interest (for instance the sky) in the LCD. I will see the histogram belonging to the brightness of that particular spot. I choice the spot with the best histogram that is to say, the histogram showing none or very little invasion on the right side, press the shutter button halfway, recompose and shoot. Check immediately the photo and its histogram. If not satisfied delete and repeat the shot. I realize that Histogram is not perfect but an excellent orientation tool.
Best regards,
Eduardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
GusNew
GusNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow