Started May 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffpc2000
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
My R2400 have arrived!
May 9, 2008

I have finally pulled the trigger on Epson R2400, after countless of hours of research; I think R2400 is a good beat. I do not plan to print a lot, initially maybe 1-2 8x10 and 1-2 13x19 on matte\luster paper a week. Main idea is to learn the work flow, and have total control of the prints, as well have very good B&W results.

I also spent hours on CIS research, and today ordered inkrepublic system. I was hesitating for 3 weeks between efillink.com, inkrepublic.com and inkjetfly.com. I like the look of efillink.com the most, but it is pricy at 530$ with shipping to Canada, system has smaller bottles that hold ink so one need to add ink more often.

inkjetfly.com looked very attractive if it comes to the price and look, but I have found quite a few comments, and reviews about initial problems with the system, they were all solved by great support stuff, but I was afraid I might have some flow problems during setup. They also charge 21$ shipping. They have less expensive ink but with shipping it comes down to the same as inkrepublic. Their claims about ink gamut are very interesting, looks like it is better than OEM, Looks like they use the same ink as inkrepublic.

Inkrepublic.com is currently the cheapest, (they recently lower the price for the system with ink by 39$) plus they have free shipping so total cost is the lowest; I was unable to find many users that are unsatisfied, or had problems during the installation. It seems to me, that they have a lot of happy customers. Look of the system is not that appealing as other two but if it performs the way people say I will be happy.

I will not load original inks that came with the printer, instead I will try to sell them on ebay with free shipping, and recover some money I spend on CIS. Did anybody did that or I’m crazy? It is so hard to hold off and not to slap the inks and start printing, I already got 2 boxes of Epson fine art velvet paper

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow