Started May 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
whoster69
Regular MemberPosts: 149
Like?
Gitzo GT3540L Questions
May 5, 2008

I've been looking at tripods and trying to figure out which one will work for me. I'm 6 feet tall. I've got a D300 and an 18 - 200mm lens that I'll be primarily using until I can get more lenses (probably some in the 300mm+ range). Most of the work I'll be doing with this tripod is landscape/nature work. I've got a few questions...

Is the Gitzo GT3540L tripod a good fit for my height?

Is there any good reason to buy leg protectors or is this just more unnecessary weight?

I'm probably going to get a Markins M20 ball head to go with it. Do I need to specify my tripod or camera body when buying a ball head?

I haven't decided on which L bracket. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know. I'm leaning toward RSS. Again, do I need to specify my type of tripod, ball head, or camera body when buying?

Is there anything else I need for this tripod that I haven't listed?

Any suggestions on where to buy? It seems Amazon has the best price currently at $735.

Thank you all for helping educate me and taking the time to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. I've really enjoyed reading all the stuff people have posted in other threads and the FAQs, tips, suggestions, etc.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow