Started May 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russell Proulx
Contributing MemberPosts: 590
Like?
That darn lens release button!
May 4, 2008

I shot my first major event last week with the 24-70mm 2.8 on the D3 and the shots are wonderful. The camera lens combo performed extremely well and I’m very impressed with the quality of the files. I shot RAW with auto ISO (6400) and set the function button set to turn off the flash whenever an available lite shot presented itself. It worked great.

My only gripe is with the lens release button which I kept poking with the knuckle of the hand I use to zoom the lens. As mentioned elsewhere in this forum the slightest push on the button disables the autofocus. At first I thought it was a problem with the camera and/or lens and at first it was not clear what the heck was going on.

I’m now thinking about making something to prevent the button from being pushed in accidently. Sometimes you get caught up in the action and I don’t want to miss a shot because my hand brushes up against that jumbo sized button.

At least now I know about the cause of that autofocus problem and I can avoid it

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow