Started Apr 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
308shtr
Contributing MemberPosts: 822
Like?
Beware Benro = junk
Apr 28, 2008

Against my better judgement I purchased a couple of Benro Carbon fiber tripods and Ball heads, what a joke.

These tripods are Direct Gitzo knockoofs, they look very similar but believe me the materiials that these products are made out of are not the same.

I have had constant issues with both of these tripods, the locks that you pull out to change the angle of the legs, have broken off, they are made out of pot metal so as soon as you put a little weight on the legs while extended snap the pull outs breakoff.

When you pull the legs out to adjust the length they are supposed to lock and not turn when you tighten them that does not work,both the KS1 and KS2 ball heads have locked up after a couple of months of use.

These products are made from cheap materials, I could go on and on about the problems I have with these tripods, the Carbon fiber legs are quality, however all of the components that hold everythnig together is cheap, BEWARE.

Steve
--
If you would like to view my gallery http://froggy.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Not!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow