EC20 - maybe it's quite ok after all...

Started Apr 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
Dan
Dan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,238Gear list
Like?
Re: EC20 - maybe it's quite ok after all...
In reply to mfbernstein, Apr 28, 2008

MFBernstein,

Sorry I can't post links to soccer photos since the girls are all in high school. I might put one or two up in a bit...I'm getting about 100 or so each game we're posting to a common website.

So far all I can say is I'm getting happier and happier with the combo. I should do some 50-200 at 200 blown up 200% and compare against the 50-200 with EC20 at 100%...my gut instincts at this point tell me that "sharp" EC20's would beat the 50-200 at 200%. With the E3 and good light I'm finding the tracking shots really good...firing in C-AF at 5 fps is pretty good, not 100% but few that are way off either in front or back focused.

With the EC20 on you also have the advantage of seeing a little better in the viewfinder what you're focus point is locked on...as long as there is good light. Even under stadium lights I don't find the viewfinder too dark but my shutter speeds just get too high even with 1600 and 3200 ISO which I don't find too objectionable when printed out! On the monitor they look a little nasty.

Also, with these soccer photos I'm not put in a position where I "have" to get the shot! In fact, sometimes I just watch most of the game from the end line...it's pretty quiet there and no fans bickering about the officiating under their breath or louder.

Lastly, with the EC20 and 50-200 there's tons(!) of reach all the way down the field!

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow