Which setting for printing profiling targets?

Started Apr 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stuart melnikoff
Regular MemberPosts: 269
Like?
Which setting for printing profiling targets?
Apr 16, 2008

Trying to profile my printer but still having issues getting my targets to print accurately. Using a Shinko 1245 and within the printer twain you can disable the color management. Fine no problem I did that. However, there is another selection for ICM Intent and you cannot turn that off. The choices under the pull down are as follows:

ICM INTENT: Graphics (Saturate) / Picture (Contrast) / Proof (Colormetric) / Match (Absolute Colormetric).

And here’s the rub – even with the “master” color management disabled, the ICM intent is affecting the print. The default setting is Picture but my images are coming out contrasty – even after profiling. (no surprise).

So which ICM intent should I select when printing my profiling targets? Apparently when selecting the Picture intent, the targets are not saturated enough. I’m assuming that it’s not Graphics which only leaves Proof or Match – but I really have no clue. I'm using Qimage to print the targets and Cathy & I both verfied those setting and there accurate. Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow