C&C pls... THEN: Hiring a Model... NOW: MODELS Want Me... (amazing experience!!!)

Started Apr 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Newspaper Man
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,108
Like?
C&C pls... THEN: Hiring a Model... NOW: MODELS Want Me... (amazing experience!!!)
Apr 14, 2008

hello everyone!!

first, i wanted to thank ALL who provided amazing and great advices!! when i was learning how to hire a model... MANY of you... THANK YOU ALL!!

now i want to share some thoughts to the newbie (great photogs started as a newbie)... and take advantage of FREE models to shoot!!

sounds exciting huh!!

NOW before i did this... i've been a professional photojournalist for more than 5 years already... i'm just new in Fashion/Glamour photography... i already have amazing and great PJ images in my port...

1. PRACTICE!! gain confidence... camera setup, lighting, keep shooting!!

2. learn how to pose (this doesn't happen overnight)... go through amazing fashion images by amazing photogs... compile them and keep looking at them!!!

3. ACTUAL MODEL... i hired TWO (2) models... really to practice... i would rather hire real and experienced models... i learned from them as well!! and they will give you great poses to build your portfolio!! unlike the NON-Experienced ones...

4. now showcase your portfolio... i joined Modelmayhem to NETWORK with models...

5. STILL A PRACTICE/LEARNING MODE HERE: post a casting call to provide TFCD + (something enticing)... in my case: i talked to my Boutique owner (business neighbor)... and told her i will provide you MODELS to model your clothes... IF you provide my MODELS wardrobe for the shoot... and i will give her the CD as well for her own use (advertising, promotion, etc.)

6. MODELS couldn't resist my offer... and i kept shooting real models!! and of course... provided amazing and cool images for the model, boutique, and for myself...

7. with these images below... NOW I'M FOR HIRE!!

NOTE: these images were NOT retouched yet...

C&C are very welcome... i want to learn MORE from you all great photogs!!

Wardrobe by BLUSH FASHIONS, Bellflower, CA

thank you all!!!

\;-7

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow