Started Apr 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gsxr1kmatt
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
help! No "pop" in my pictures.
Apr 14, 2008

I was out shooting a motorcycle trackday this weekend. I'm basically the group photographer and do my work for free. there were two other photographers there that always do stunning work. It was mostly cloudy, and generally depressing looking outside since none of the plant life has started to wake up yet.

Anyway, my pictures always seem soft of gray and un-contrasty to me, at least compared to their work.

This was my first trackday outing (i've dont track and field events) with this setup. I'm now using
d300
80-200 F2.8
2x TC when needed

I was using a d70 and a sigma 50-500 last year.

The D300 was great for AF performance over the d70. But the pictures came out almost exactly the same. I tried different shooting modes, but everything still comes out washed out.

They use all Canon 1d-mk2 cameras, with serious glass. 300 f2.8, 400 f2.8, sometimes with converters.

onto the samples for your opinions. Their pictures

here are my pictures.

EXIF, 1/160 F/8 ISO400, 200mm (no tc)

EXIF, 1/160 F/7.1 ISO400, 200mm (no tc)

EXIF, 1/320 F/6.3 ISO400, 200mm (no tc)

EXIF, 1/160 F/11 ISO400, 200mm (no tc)

I'd really like to figure out why their pictures just seem so much higher contrast, and have so much more 'pop' to them.

it's really frustrating since I think this isn't much better than I did last year with my old setup.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow