ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vlatkovr
Regular MemberPosts: 421
Like?
D60 or D80 or 450D?
Apr 14, 2008

Hi,

I am an amateur photographer which has been using a Canon P&S. I am now planning to swim into the SLR waters, but currently have a dilemma on which camera/lens combination to buy.

My doubt is between:

Nikon D60 and 18-200mm VR
Nikon D80 and 18-200mm VR
Canon 450D (Rebel XSi) and (still not decided on lens).

My target will be general photography subjects (landscapes, portraits, wildlife, etc.). This is why i want the 18-200 lens. I know it wont give me perfect results in every area but i think it will be adequate for the amateur i am (and with the limited budget (1500$ for both camera and lens) is great). Do you have any other lens reccomendation?

As for the cameras i know the D80 is better than the D60 but it is also older, and their price is similar. Which one do you guys suggest?

I know this is a Nikon forum so i won't gen many points for the Canon but there is not some general SLR forum to post the question to. Canon 450D looks like a great camera but i couldn't find a cheap all in one lens like the Nikkor 18-200 VR.

Personally i like the feel of the Nikons better but that is not a decisive element for me.

Please tell me your honest opinions?

-- hide signature --

Skopje, Macedonia

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow