Started Apr 12, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miralee
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Ink and/or paper problem
Apr 12, 2008

Hi everyone, I DO hope that someone can help me because I just do not know what to do about this problem of mine.

I use an Epson Stylus Photo 2000P printer with their Epson cartridges TO15 & TO16, which prints out FINE for me on all Epson papers including their Archival Matte Paper BUT, recently I wanted to try some other paper and (spent a fortune) on Hahnemuhle William Turner FineArt Matte paper 190 g/m2. Sometimes the prints came out fine but, more often than not they didn't. That is, they came out with ink around the bottom edge or the top edge of the paper, or both, and with little droplets of ink, mostly on the top. Beautiful paper, beautiful colour but ruined because of these spatterings of ink. I studied various sites and it seems that this Hahnemuhle paper is not for the 2000P BUT that Epson Radiant White Watercolor paper 190 g/m2 IS. So I ordered some size Super A3. On the Handling instructions in the packet I have confirmation of this paper being right for the 2000P. I have just printed out a B/W picture on this paper, and, to my terrible disappointment, IT has happened again - that is, the picture is OK (though, by the way, the black isn't as nice as on the Hahnemuhle) BUT, WORSE THAN THAT, there is ink round the edge of the paper - a lot on the top and some on the bottom, especially in the left-hand corner, and tiny droplets of ink in the top margin, just like on the Hahnemuhle!!!???

I would be terribly grateful for any help on this and thank you in advance.

Miralee

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow