Started Apr 10, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Karl K Grambow
Regular MemberPosts: 161
Like?
Lens advice...
Apr 10, 2008

I mistakenly posted this on the D3 forum, forgetting there was a specific lens forum.

I'm just about on the verge of buying into a Nikon system (coming from Canon) and I need some lens advice.

I've got 3 lenses that I'll definately be buying (I use 200-600mm range the most):

14-24mm
200-400mm
600mm
1.4x converter

1. Can anyone recommend a prime lens in the 24-70mm range for the odd occasions when I find myself wanting something in that range. Preferrably something light-weight and relatively inexpensive. Maybe a 50mm f/1.4?

2. I was wondering about whether to get the 1.7x or the 2x converter. Which converter (1.7x or 2x) would be better? Does the quality drop-off that much more on the 2x and what is the auto-focusing like on these?

3. Does anyone know if Nikon are planning on bringing out a 70-200 f/4 lens? If there's even a small chance that they will I'll hold out on a 70-200 f/2.8 lens because I don't want to spend money on a lens that I'll use occasionally.

Thanks,

Karl

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow