ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adamm321
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Sharing photos online?
Apr 7, 2008

Hi,

I am just getting used to a new Apple MBPro and more or less comfortable with using the iPhoto program although I haven't done a lot of editing with it yet. I used to post photos online using Tinypic.com. Since switching over to the Apple, I have not been having that work very well for me. It just hangs and freezes when I try to use it.

So, I am trying to find another easy way to share photos online. I tried using the 'export' function of the iPhoto program and creating a photo file on my desktop that I could drag into a website or email. One of the first problems I saw doing that, was that the textual label for the file contains my whole name as part of the file name and I certainly don't want to be posting that. Is there a method of resizing and creating a file that I can add to a forum post that will work easily and will not reveal any private information in the file name?

Or am I going to have to start uploading to an online sharing website? If so, can someone recommend one? Are there any privacy issues I should be concerned about? I guess I have in the back of my mind, that if I am uploading then the computer/server I am uploading to, could easily access more on my computer than the specific files I am trying to upload?

Thanks,
adam

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow