Started Apr 6, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skysi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128
Like?
You Don't Need 1D and 8-10fps for Sports
Apr 6, 2008

That's what I read in many a photo discussion board. Many sport photographers say using high fps and the "spray and pray" technique will not make you a skilled sports photog. Instead of learning how to anticipate and capture the right moment, you are going an much easier route, bur without learning anything in the process. You also end up with hundreds of photos and having to wast a lot of time in culling. Besides, you'll have to replace your shutter much sooner than a single shooter will.

So do you really need a high fps camera like 1D Mark2,3 to be/become a good sports/action photog? I'm inclined to think that you don't, and 5D or 1Ds Mark3 (if funds allow) will just do fine (besides FF is good for cropping).

Yet, there's time and place for those 10fps, too. So my questions are: what that time and place is for you? What are pros and cons of using each of those techniques (single shot, high fps) for you and the subject matter you shoot, or does it even matter to you, and you just shoot high fps because you got a high fps camera and need to justify its purchase :o)?
--
skysi
http://www.phototerrestrial.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow