Started Apr 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kickace
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
help! need fastest otg possible for europe trip with TZ5
Apr 5, 2008

i am getting my tz5 tomorrow with an 8gb card and 3 batteries, etra charger, etc. i am going to europe for 30 days soon and plan to shoot alot of video.

the one thing im looking for is an device that allows me to connect the camera or sdhc card directly to a hard drive so i don't need a million sdhc cards.

the only thing that i can find that supports sata hard drives is a digimate III sata. i know they have an IDE version that customers have reported it supports sdhc (even though it doesn't say it) and im wondering if anyone else has the sata version to confirm it also accepts sdhc. also the ide version sais its been updated to a high speed version and wondering if the sata version was already updated or just didn't put it in the specs that its the high speed version.

also, is that a fast otg? basically i am looking for the fatest otg possible because i plan on shooting alot of video and the tz5 writes at 3MB/s....40 min of video for 8GB so i will be doing it alot and would like a quick turn around time!

does anyone know of an otg device that is quick or know of reviews with transfer rates? doesn't have to be sata, since 99% are ide.

i just need a fast otg and preferably sata since i owen many sata hard drives and no ide, but don't care if i can find a fast enough transfer rate for such a device! please help!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow