S600 First Pics
Apr 4, 2008
I've had my S600 for just a couple of days and I'm liking it better and better every day. Granted it's only been two days, but hey my opinion has not changed from my initial impressions when I evaluated it in Best Buys two days ago.
Here is a link to a few pics I took the day I got it. I'm not sure I had the WB set correctly on a couple of them, but at least you'll have some full res photos to scrutinize.
Here are a couple of observations that I've made.
1. Lightest and smallest cam I've had - definitely a plus!
2. Very quick to focus and not much shutter lag. Shot-to-shot can take a second if you're using the highest resolution.
3. Preview is excellent - very quick and easy to navigate.
4. Contrary to what some have said, the LCD is very usable in bright sun light. I took a photo this morning (not uploaded yet) with the sun at my back around 10:00 a.m. and I didn't have any problem using the LCD to frame the shot.
5. Battery seems to be plenty strong - day 3 without charging and it seems to have plenty of juice left.
6. The flash is excellent - seems to meter much better than my Canon SD870IS. It doesn't over saturate and yet it fully illuminates your subject even in very dim lighting.
I was trying to decide on the F100fd (Fuji) and then saw the S600. With all the problems related to the pink banding on the Fuji, I think I made the right choice.
Still lots to investigate and test, but so far, I'm very pleased.
the omaha kid