Started Apr 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
snops
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
NEW F100fd IQ
Apr 4, 2008

Just received my new F100fd last night 4/3/08 and after taking about 50 shots of all types, iso from 100 - 12800 in all different modes, the IQ was awful. pictures were somewhat under exposed even when I added a +1ev and very soft from center to edges even in good lighting and you have little or no control over the quality, only iso,e/v,flash and the different modes. It looked as though the focus was either off or not working properly and the IS didn't seem to work at all or very little, build quality is great. I looked for the dreaded pink band down the left side, however, I could not reproduce it at any ISO settings and I tried a lot to find it at Iso 100 - 3200, it did not show on this camera, perhasp it might have something to do with the black models for non us, but this silver model had none. I was totally disappointed with the IQ of this camera, much worst than my F50fd, F20 AND E550 so I returned it to B&H Photo/Video this morning. Could not see paying $379.00 for this type of IQ. I did not check the DR because after the images were so soft I was to disappointed to even bother.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow