S100fs : Simon Speaks

Started Mar 11, 2008 | Discussions thread
UHW
UHW
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Re: One last note on the upcoming review -
In reply to rennie12, Apr 4, 2008

I ordered one just yesterday evening. The best price here in Germany is EUR 529,-, which is roughly USD 830,- so a little bit more expensive than in the US. But since we usually have to pay EUR = USD this is already a kind of bargain... My dealer says, it will be shipped within 1-2 weeks, so let's wait and see.

Actually I also planned to wait for the review, but the season of the german ladies football league is starting by end of April. So I need to get it until then..

I cannot see from the existing 'reviews' that this camera is "overall poor" but I hope that it will offer me exactly the performance I need. That is, high speed continuous shooting (3MP is enough, as I will only post the shots on the internet), long tele zoom and a good depth of field.

As I will also do landscape photography, the 28mm wide will be quite handy to me.

I can, however, return it to the dealer within two weeks due to our consumer-friendly "Fernabsatzgesetz" in case I will be (too) disappointed of its performance.
Fingers crossed.

Cheers
Uli
--
Your eyes are the best cam.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow