Your opinions please - what travel lens would you bring to Croatia and Montenegro?

Started Apr 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David28
Senior MemberPosts: 2,813
Like?
Your opinions please - what travel lens would you bring to Croatia and Montenegro?
Apr 3, 2008

Planning a 3 week trip around Croatia and Montenegro (first time there) late May early June. Just wanna get an idea of what other folks do on trips. I am travelling from Australia.

I am likely to be taking the d3 with the 14-24 and 24-70. Question is would you bring anything longer like the 70-200 for instance. I just dread the thought of managing all that weight in-flight and on the road. If I had to take only one lens it is likely to be the 24-70 but its bulky wider cousin is just so sexy for what I imagine would be pretty amazing scenics especially in Montenegro.

Do I even consider bringing the m8 with say a 28/2 lens as a backup just in case?

My wife and I are planning on some easy travel so it is not a photographic mission in any way and I wouldn't want to put her out by lugging all my gear with me. Have more nikkor glass than I care to admit. Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who travel a great deal or anyone who has been to that part of the world recently. All tips and advice welcomed of course - electrical adapter type needed et cetera (and also anything I must see). I am leaning towards a backpack though we will have a car most times. If it makes a difference I am travelling without a tripod. Will have a few CF cards but probably no other backups. Any suggestion on small beanbags? I haven't come across them in Oz, at least not where I live.

In any case, thank you in advance for taking the time to read and to respond.

David
Melbourne

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EmaxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow