Your opinions please - what travel lens would you bring to Croatia and Montenegro?

Started Apr 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David28
Senior MemberPosts: 2,973
Like?
Your opinions please - what travel lens would you bring to Croatia and Montenegro?
Apr 3, 2008

Planning a 3 week trip around Croatia and Montenegro (first time there) late May early June. Just wanna get an idea of what other folks do on trips. I am travelling from Australia.

I am likely to be taking the d3 with the 14-24 and 24-70. Question is would you bring anything longer like the 70-200 for instance. I just dread the thought of managing all that weight in-flight and on the road. If I had to take only one lens it is likely to be the 24-70 but its bulky wider cousin is just so sexy for what I imagine would be pretty amazing scenics especially in Montenegro.

Do I even consider bringing the m8 with say a 28/2 lens as a backup just in case?

My wife and I are planning on some easy travel so it is not a photographic mission in any way and I wouldn't want to put her out by lugging all my gear with me. Have more nikkor glass than I care to admit. Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who travel a great deal or anyone who has been to that part of the world recently. All tips and advice welcomed of course - electrical adapter type needed et cetera (and also anything I must see). I am leaning towards a backpack though we will have a car most times. If it makes a difference I am travelling without a tripod. Will have a few CF cards but probably no other backups. Any suggestion on small beanbags? I haven't come across them in Oz, at least not where I live.

In any case, thank you in advance for taking the time to read and to respond.

David
Melbourne

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EmaxNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow