H9, H50, Advice for a novice- Those in the big H9 debates from last year pls chime in

Started Apr 2, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rigwald
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
H9, H50, Advice for a novice- Those in the big H9 debates from last year pls chime in
Apr 2, 2008

I followed all the debates (flames and real discussions) a year ago with regards t the H9. I am going to Europe in June and looking for a camera. I am contemplating the H50. Here's my question (seeking advice from the Sony Gods here):

As an ultra novice whose purpse right now isn't even printing pictures, but rather archiving and during digital slideshows for my students (I am a Geography teacher). Even if the H50 doesn't solve all the IQ problems reported by many w/ the H9, will I actually notice the problems? I like the lcd, color quality, nightshot, and zoom capabilities and I haven't found anything similar in the same price range. So:

As a novice focussing only of slide shows at this point, will I really notice the probs?

(I appreciate the expertise here at the STF and respect your comments and advice!)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow