H9, H50, Advice for a novice- Those in the big H9 debates from last year pls chime in

Started Apr 2, 2008 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rigwald Forum Member • Posts: 57
H9, H50, Advice for a novice- Those in the big H9 debates from last year pls chime in

I followed all the debates (flames and real discussions) a year ago with regards t the H9. I am going to Europe in June and looking for a camera. I am contemplating the H50. Here's my question (seeking advice from the Sony Gods here):

As an ultra novice whose purpse right now isn't even printing pictures, but rather archiving and during digital slideshows for my students (I am a Geography teacher). Even if the H50 doesn't solve all the IQ problems reported by many w/ the H9, will I actually notice the problems? I like the lcd, color quality, nightshot, and zoom capabilities and I haven't found anything similar in the same price range. So:

As a novice focussing only of slide shows at this point, will I really notice the probs?

(I appreciate the expertise here at the STF and respect your comments and advice!)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
OTD
AAK
Marti58 MOD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow