Started Apr 1, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
karinatwork
Senior MemberPosts: 1,890Gear list
Like?
This new hobby of mine...
Apr 1, 2008

Ok. This is going to sound cheesy, I know. But I have been thinking (I always do lots of that, thinking), and somehow this morning I have come up with a thought I didn't have before.

I have been enthusiastic about many things in my life. I've done knitting, cross point stitching, pottery, painting and pencil drawings, CB radio, cooking and baking. I've been into scented candles and Tupperware. I've had three different P&S cameras I ran about with, and I am at my 6th Pocket PC. Technology and gadgets in general have always been able to get my ethusiasm going. But this DSLR has added something to my life I didn't have before, and I can't quite put my finger on it. It somehow managed to add a balance between things I have to do and things I want to do, things I enjoy doing and things I don't (or didn't) enjoy. It ties some loose ends together, and has made the past few weeks very memorable. Even my husband says I seem happier than normal. Everything seems to be more... harmonic?

I don't want to sound like my life was empty or boring... it wasn't. I have a wonderful family, a great career and some awesome friends. Something however has changed for the better. Something that I didn't even know wasn't complete. Ok, cheesy alert... but it's like this hobby added a missing piece to my life.

Do I make any sense at all, like... does anyone else feel like this about photography, or did the fumes of the photocopier get to me?

-- hide signature --

Karin At Work

karinatwork's gear list:karinatwork's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Fun!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow