Started Mar 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mattosensei
Regular MemberPosts: 326Gear list
Like?
On safari in the Masai Mara (D50)
Mar 30, 2008

I've just returned from 2 weeks in Kenya visiting family who are expatriates in Nairobi. Other than time in the capital and a lovely beach holiday down in Mombasa, I also did a 2 day safari in the Masai Mara. Was wonderful - we flew in on a little Cessna Caravan landing on a dirt strip deep within the Mara.

Unfortunately, the long rains have begun and the weather wasn't great. I struggled with the camera as the sky was VERY dark, so my 55-200VR (not the fastest lens) did struggle a bit though I pushed it to ISO400. VR came in very useful but I would have loved more light. Ah well, next time.

A few below for C&C.

I only took 2 lenses: 18-70 and 55-200VR, both of which performed well. Too many pics above for me to post EXIF for but it's intact on the flickr pages themselves if interested.

More photos on my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattosensei/collections/72157604312556776/

If any birdwatchers know the names of some of the unusual birds I saw which are in some of the pics on flickr that I uploaded, grateful if you could let me know.

C&C welcome.

Thanks.

mattosensei's gear list:mattosensei's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D50
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow