Started Mar 18, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J Hall
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Lacrosse portraits for C&C
Mar 18, 2008

I am still trying to learn how to shoot portraits. My neighbor's daughter sits for me as my test subject.

I fitted a strobe with a reflector and positioned it low and pointing back toward the camera to give a rim light effect. I positioned a medium soft box with its diffusion panel removed slightly higher on the opposite side. Yes, it is dark, but that was intentional. Camera was Canon 350D. Lens was Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM. Exposure was 1/250s f/7.1 at 85mm ISO100. Background was purple seamless paper. (I wanted her hair pulled back away from her eye, but the model and her mom liked it this way instead. So it goes.)

1. 1:

The model and her mom had another pose they wanted to try. The model wanted to do a tough-looking serious pose, but her mom wanted a smile. So we did both. Lighting was a large softbox to camera right and a medium softbox near the camera axis for fill. Exposure was 1/160s f/13 at 85mm ISO100.

1. 2:

1. 3:

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow