Started Mar 13, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dave veneri
Senior MemberPosts: 2,060
Like?
Nikon 16-85 AMAZING
Mar 13, 2008

Just got this and tested it....First let me say that I have a lot of expensive fast glass. having said that, I am dumbfounded as to how sharp this lens is across the board! Aside from the limitations of the slower speed, the lens performs outstanding and dare I say just as sharp as any of my lenses around f8 - f11! Honestly, I have the 24-70 2.8 and i'll be a monkeys uncle if i can tell the difference at the higher apertures! Havent tested yet for the wider aps yet but will by the end of the day. For the ideal portable all around/ travel lens look no further! IMO, the best walk around, all around lens nikon has made! Also, gone are the weird distortions of the 18-200. There is some barrel at 24mm but so does my 1700.00 14-24 and 24-70. I still cant get over how sharp this is corner to corner!! I'll post some pics later but from the 30 pics I took with this lens I can say without a doubt, just buy it! It will now live on my d300. lastly, the zoom creep is gone and the lens just begs to sit on the d300 in a small portable zoom bag : ))) Yes its 649.00 but the best 649.00 I have spent!
-dave

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow