Started Mar 11, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kansas Viking
Regular MemberPosts: 225
Like?
My 14-54 Arrived Today
Mar 11, 2008

My new 14-54 arrived today. It is my first lens purchase and I spent many months deciding on whether to get it or the 12-60.I combed the forum here for every thread and comparison of the two lenses and spent several hours at PBase looking at photos taken with each. Finally the decision came down to two things. Money for one. The 14-54 is about $500 less. The second was the fact that the 14-54 is brighter and that was more important to me.

I must say, this lens is a beautiful piece of glass and I was impressed the minute I unwrapped it. I unpacked the B&W MRC filter I ordered with it, put it on my E-510 and took it along on our evening dog walk.

I'm very happy with the quality of this lens. These are three pictures I took on the walk. Nothing special, but I really liked the detail in the bricks of the houses, the tree branches, etc. All three pics are out of camera jpegs, resized in FastStone with a sharp of 1 applied. Overall I am extremely happy with this purchase. Thanks to everyone here, even though you didn't know it at the time, that helped me make this decision.

Had to throw a picture of the dog in too.

-- hide signature --

Mike

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow