Started Mar 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photorover
Regular MemberPosts: 224
Like?
D200 Advice
Mar 4, 2008

I have a chance to pick up a good condition, low shutter count D200 for a good price -- like $700 -- from a private seller who is known to me.

However, I'm in a bind...

I currently use a D70 and whether it is just in my mind or not, I really feel that I am in a photography slump of sorts. I'm not happy with any of my work for the past year. My "good" stuff ends up looking like child's play compared to most of the stuff I see people sharing here -- and well, the fact is, you can't buy yourself out of a slump. So buying a new gadget doesn't really change that and I feel like maybe I don't "deserve" a better set up while my shooting is so... frankly -- bad.

I have also done a lot of research on the D300, and am really taken by that camera, and feel that if I were to get a D200 I would still have D300 envy.

Am I better off just saving up for a used D300 in two years? Staying with the D70? Or should I jump on the good price for this D200 and get a camera that is essentially 2 generations newer than my current camera?

I know you can't really answer this question for me, but some advice from people moving from the D70 to the D200 might be good.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow