Started Mar 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Janet Zinn
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,181Gear list
Like?
Hummers and other birds from Ecuador
Mar 3, 2008

Just back from 10 days in the cloud forests of northwest Ecuador birding and photographing. We had a tremendous amount of rain (much more than normal, there was much flooding, landslides, etc all over the country.) Needless to say this put a "damper" on photography but thanks to the high ISO ability of the D300 (and good rain gear!) I managed. We were in the cloud forest areas of Mindo/Bellavista with some trips to lower elevations (Milpe, Silanche) and then on to Otavalo (non-birding, and our only predominantly sunny day!) and Papallacta.

All taken with the D300, 200-400VR and some with the 1.4 TC. Most of the shots were taken without flash---I discovered that flash in the mist and rain caused some really weird results at times. Exif is embedded.

These are just a few from the first batch, many more still to process...

If you see streaks in the background on some of these...its not banding...its rain!

The gorgeous area in which some of these were shot (taken with D200, 24-120VR which I carried for scenics):

thanks for looking!
--
Janet
D 3 0 0
D 2 0 0
D 1 0 0
http://www.jczinn.com

Janet Zinn's gear list:Janet Zinn's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow