Started Feb 27, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snapshott
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Is the new MB Pro worth it?
Feb 27, 2008

I’m new to Apple and I’m looking to purchase a Macbook Pro 15” to use with Capture NX and maybe Element 6 (when it’s available). I’ve been waiting for the new version to come out to see what refurbished prices would do. I am able to get an employee discount on new Apples but no discount with refurbished. This leaves me with two options. I can purchase the new 2.4GHz for $190 more than the old 2.4GHz refurbished and the only difference I see in hardware is the new 2.4GHz has a 200GB HD as opposed to 160GB on the old refurbished 2.4GHz and maybe the multi touch on the new Macbook Pro. This alone I may go with the older refurbished one.

But… with the new 2.4GHz I can upgrade to a 200GB HD 7200rpm from a 5400rpm HD. I’m not very technical but I believe this is a good upgrade for $100. Is this true? So this has me thinking about the new 2.4HGz. So the two hundred dollar question is: Is 50GB of HD space and the increase to 7200rpm worth $290?

I intend to increase RAM to 4GB through a 3rd party. I apologize for my lack of technical knowledge and the simplicity of my question.

-- hide signature --

Snapshott

Snapshott's gear list:Snapshott's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +13 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow