Started Feb 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rossomck
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
Andy Rouse switching to Nikon?!
Feb 24, 2008

The renowned nature and wildife photographer seems to have been seduced by the Nikon D3, which he has been testing for warehouseexpress. His blog can be seen at the link, and I fear that he is having a pop at Canon when he writes:

"......Taken with the Nikon D3 I am getting more amazed at how the D3 is improving my hit rate for images; being able to shoot at a higher ISO and still retaining the quality means that I can use a higher shutter speed, which is vital in my low light work. In fact the D3 does what it is meant to do - it works!!"

He is going to be on the Nikon stand at the Focus on Imaging show at NEC next week...... It will be very interesting to see if he does actually switch his gear completely to Nikon.

My own view is that the level of competiton offered by the D3 can only be good for all of us. If it really raises the bar that much, then Canon must (surely) be working hard behind the scenes to match it if not beat it. However if they don't do it sooner rather than later, they may lose a lot of professional Canon users in the meantime.

http://www.andyrouse.co.uk/blog.asp

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow