Started Feb 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daa26
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
lighting/shooting glass jewelry products
Feb 22, 2008

I make glass jewelry and need to photograph it to put up on my website.

I am currently using a cloud dome with sunlight but feel restricted by it because I can only use my older digital camera and because I can only shoot from directly above the items.

I am looking to set up a small table in my glass shop where I can shoot the jewelry. I am looking for something that will make photographing the items a little easier. I would like to be able to shoot from multiple angles and eliminate the dependence on the sunlight due to its inconstancies. A big concern is the reflections from the glass and obtaining a nice even light. Overall, I would like my photos to look more professional.
I briefly looked at some light sheds/tents. Are they the best way to go?
Also what type of lighting would be best?
Are there any books or websites providing help on lighting these types of items?

I have a Nikon D80 with a polarizing filter and tripod so I will not need to purchase that.

I would be willing to spend up to $500, but of course would love to keep that number as low as possible.

If you would like to see the images I am currently using on my website you can check it out at http://www.daaglass.com
Thank you in advance for any advice!!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow