Started Feb 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rocket99
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
A720 vs. 870SD...yes, another comparison question
Feb 20, 2008

Just when I think I've got it all figured out, another question pops up.

I'm looking for a little camera to complement my brand-new (to me) DSLR. I really like the pictures my brother takes with his 710. He mostly uses it on auto settings, and frankly so would I. But if I don't plan to take advantage of the manual features available on the 710/720, then do I need to spring for the larger body?

In other words, on auto settings, am I going to get more or less the same picture on the 870 (or better) that I would on the 720? Or is the sensor/shutter speed/picture quality just inherently better on the larger 720?

Thanks to anyone who can help me answer this question. I've looked at the photos on dpreview, but they don't really tell me how this camera will handle in everyday situations. I guess I should clarify that I usually take photos outdoors, and I'm happy to use my DSLR for low-light indoor shots. I understand that they take different batteries, and I'm happy with either choice. I just want a portable camera that takes great pictures.

Thanks everyone!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow