Started Feb 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EricIsDerek
Regular MemberPosts: 283
Like?
40d embarrassment
Feb 19, 2008

I can't help but notice the embarrassment of Canon guys when I show them my D300. Seriously, I don't think it's just the silly wheel they have either, although that has a lot to do with it. I think its the whole styling just looks strange. Take a look at the back:

With the buttons at the bottom, its just plain weird. They should be at the left next to where your thumb is, why would anyone design them at the bottom?! Also notice how the buttons are way too small, and are marked not on the buttons, but beside it on the camera. Also, one of the strangest things, this camera has a dedicated print button! This is one the most ridiculous design choices I have ever seen, it should be something like a function button so you can assign to something to help you take photos. Printing should be through the menus!

Also note the viewer is out of place, and not even centered with the LCD. And the scene mode dial and AF system make them look like total amateurs.

-- hide signature --

Lord Guru!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JokeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow