Started Feb 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hyun Yu
Contributing MemberPosts: 716
Like?
Kudos to Richard Franiec and his G9 Custom Grip
Feb 16, 2008

I received my order from Lensmate today consisting of their hood/adapter for the G9, and the G9 Custom Grip made by Richard Franiec (and available through Lensmate).

My first, and involuntary, words out of my mouth when I test-positioned the grip on the G9 and held it was, "Oh, yeah!" I thought the G9 handled pretty well as is, certainly miles better than my last G camera, the G3 (which I bought sight-unseen thanks to universally excellent results and found that I really didn't like how it felt in my hand). But the Custom Grip makes it feel so much more natural and comfortable in my hand. The instructions are clear and simple and my new grip is now mated to the G9, waiting for the adhesive to fully set in a few hours.

Thank you, Mr. Franiec (I think I've seen you or at least someone with the same name as you post here and there in these parts), for the excellent product. Hmm, what's that you say? There's a thumb rest for the G9, too? Why, that spot does feel a bit bare now...

Highly recommended!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow