Started Feb 15, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sjstremb
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
D3 repair
Feb 15, 2008

I think the D3 scum on the sensor is a larger issue than some of us thought. I just returned from Mardi Gras in New Orleans and shot a lot of images (60 gigs of RAW files) and my sensor was covered with very odd circular dots. I tried to blow off the sensor and could not clean it up, so I sent it off to Nikon for a wet cleaning. I checked with Nikon service today and its been in the shop since Monday (unusual for a NPS repair) and its now a warranty repair issue.

Good news for me, as an NPS member, they have approved a loaner D3 thats on the way until mine gets repaired.

(Suddenly the hassell of signing up for NPS membership seems like time well spent.)

For those of you with more than dust on the sensor, you might want to consider its a more serious issue, I can't say its grease or oil, but it was spots like I have never seen on a digital sensor. I have had two D2x bodies and a D100 and never saw spots like that before.

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 +17 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow