Started Feb 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dartymix1
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
First weekend with D80 Nanday Conures- almost a funny story
Feb 14, 2008

Last weekend we went to St. Augustine to try out the new camera (D80 with a 18-135). On Sunday morning, my girlfriend and I had gone to St. Augustine Beach to watch the surf while we had our breakfast. I had been taking pictues of sea gulls and pelicans (usual beach stuff) and told my girlfriend that she could try out the camera (she used to use a Nikon SLR).

I saw her walk over toward some noisy birds (I'm thinking grackles or something.)The next thing I know, she is standing under a group of palm trees clicking away at a flock of nanday conures--it is pretty rare to see the wild parrots this far north in Florida. She used to breed parrots and had some nandays so knew right away what it was. I was fit to be tied-here I had my brand new toy and she was getting the shots of the exotic birds. I got some pictures of them in the trees, but she had some flying from tree to tree that turned out fantastic...I would attach the pictures but don't know how--I guess you have to have your pictures on one of the internet sites?

Oh well. There will be other opportunities...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow