ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thanhuy
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
I will prove to you that Nikon D300 way overexpose / washout
Feb 8, 2008

Hi everyone

Occasionally I've heard that Nikon D300 overexpose by 1/3 stop or something, at first I though that wasn't serious or it could be a defected camera and then my friends also warned me about that as well but I still decided to go for it, so I got the camera few days ago. I took it out of the box leaving all to manufacture default setting and start shoot the same scene I took with my D200 and Canon, the first image I took shocking me and I am completely melt down because the image is clearly way overexpose or washout to the point that you don't believe at your eyes any more and I will prove it to you with couple of images I took below, you can download and view it yourselve with Exif. Most of my images were taken under incandescent light source. I have three images taken under very dim light even your nake eyes can barely see it but D300 still pick it up so bright so that I though I shoot that image with flash on. Most of other images taken under very normal condition with incandescent light bulb. I called Nikon tech support and after going through all tweaking setting and set to center weight as they want to try the result didn't prove any better, I sent them a lot of my images as well but they admit that the images are overexpose although, they said not too much but I understand that they don't want to look bad...and

Here are some of my images I took last night...

Please see image dsc_0008.jpg you will understand what I mean, look at the yellow flower, what you see is bright white instead of yellow.

This one I took under very dim light condition and you see here that D300 lit it up so bright such as I took it with flash.

This one was taken at even darker light, I stand about 5 ft away and this corner really dark because of lack of light but you see here it's really bright, no flash.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOL!New
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow