Louvre..... photo policy

Started Jan 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 800
Like?
Re: Louvre..... photo policy.....UPDATE
In reply to Bruce Hunter, Feb 8, 2008

Just back from 2 week European vacation... ( Paris and Venice ). Thought I'd post an update on my photographing experience at the Louvre........ using a digital camera... Canon SD870IS ( without flash or tripod ), I encountered no restrictions photographing anywhere in the Louvre, except the museum gift shop.

I did see the occasional flash go off, but the guards tended to ignore it as 99 percent of the visitors knew better than to use it.

I'm thinking that perhaps restrictions might fluctuate with the season and circumstances ( off season and responsible visitors vs. high season and flash-happy tourists ). Overall, a most positive experience and I've posted the photo below to show why I travel only in the off-season...... the Mona Lisa almost ignored, though to be honest, a small crowd of about 30 plus people was the average, here.

I was lucky with the weather in Paris as well, by the way.....4 out of 6 days with bright sunshine and 2 of the most spectacular sunsets I've ever seen. I'm already looking forward to my next trip........as soon as my feet stop aching....

best regards,
bruce

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow