ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Touchdown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,478
Like?
Travel Kit
Feb 3, 2008

Hi

I'm considering the following versitile and reasonably light weight two lens travel kit. The camera would be the A200, A300, or the A350 and the long lens would probably be the Sigma 70-300 APO DG. The other and by far the most important lens would be one of the following:

• CZ 16-80

• Sigma 17-70 DC Macro

• Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro

• Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Usage for the above lenses would be something like: normal vacation stuff 70%, flowers and other close-up stuff 20%, and low light stuff like churches etc 10%.

Close-up performance for flowers and stuff is very important to me (not true Macro). Overall IQ and a reasonably light weight kit is also very important to me. I generally only make 4x6 and 5x7 prints - once in awhile something larger.

My main camera gear is currently Canon; however, I haven't yet been able to identify a two lens light weight travel kit that satisfies me (I won't bore you with the details). If my potential Sony travel kit works out for me, I'll probably eventually move completely over to Sony - we shall see.

Any help or suggestions in choosing one of the above 4 lenses as my main travel lens would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks, Ed
Torrance, CA

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow