I have a K20D sitting on my desk.. and you're all crazy!

Started Feb 1, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Davo_05
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
I have a K20D sitting on my desk.. and you're all crazy!
Feb 1, 2008

... really, stop your bickering. It's marvellous. The images are huge, and the IQ is fantastic. This still has pre-version 1 firmware, and side by side with a K10D it produces even sharper results at such a huge image size.

Also, I must note: It has a new 4 star JPEG option. So the top JPEG quality is actually quite good - but 10 meg filesize!

And 3FPS? Oh my, it's not any faster than a K10D, let's all have a whinge! Facts are, it's continuing the same FPS, on a sensor that is producing 28 meg RAW files! I can't believe these people expect more than 100MB per second performance - the Canon's are doing two thirds of that!

End of the day, there are menu options that aren't shown in the specs, nice little changes, and even the shutter movement and feel sounds genuinely quieter, better quality, and must have seen an upgrade. I have a 1.4 50mm Sigma and an FA1.4 50mm Pentax here, and they've never AF tracked so fast, even if the difference is marginal, it's the overall feeling of quality.

And the CMOS sensor also promises around 750 shots out of a battery, and I use my K10D with a grip and a second battery for 1500 shots.

I'll buy one as soon as we have available stock.

• Regards

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BTWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow