Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mohamad Al Yousuf
Junior MemberPosts: 49
New 40D, and lens recommendations appreciate your opinions
Jan 30, 2008

Hi guyz,

Well not new to the forums, but its been about 4 years since I last logged in, I can't remember my password, so this is a new account. I stopped photography for a while, and went onto vehicle modification, I guess my car is at its max now, it does a 1000HP already anyways...

Getting myself a 40D anytime, today, tomorow. Coming from a 350D. I already have those lenses: the standard 18-55, Sigma 50mm F/2.8 MACRO, Sigma 70-300, and a Sigma 15mm Fisheye lens. I got a flash and a few things here and there.

Now, I need some lens suggestions, I was used to getting Sigma lenses, much more affordable than the Canon counterparts, I cannot comment about the quality difference, never tried that, but I would appreciate hearing what you guys have to say about them.

My plans were for:

Sigma 17-70 F/2.8
Sigma 70-200 F/2.8

What are your comments about those two lenses, I think with my current covered range and those two fast lenses, I should be having some fun Now the Canon 70-200 F/2.8 IS costs almost twice as much as both of the Sigma's combined!! What can you say about that, is it worth the price? I know its a great lens, had to try it out a little at the shop and fell in love with it, but I don't know if I need that lens. Not a professional photographer here, just some guy who enjoys this hobby

I would be interested in shooting cars, possibly at race tracks or highway shots with this lens. Also any solution to moon shots, without having to buy a new lens, maybe a converter?

Can you guys show off your pictures with the Sigma 70-200mm, or even the Canon. If you have pics with any of the lenses I mentioned above, please do post them I would love to see what I missed all this time.

Visit my Flickr page:

PLEASE NOTE that some of the pictures were shot by a mobile cam, jump to the 2nd page which has some nice photos, and of course any comment, suggestions, opinions would be appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow