Sad day (S20 Pro) CCD Failure / Happy day (S100FS)

Started Jan 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slade riley
Regular MemberPosts: 146
Like?
Sad day (S20 Pro) CCD Failure / Happy day (S100FS)
Jan 28, 2008

Well, I went to pull my trusty S20 pro from the bag on Friday at a wedding and it had Green and Purple blurry all over the screen and it was drastically out of focus. After a couple of days googling the problem I have now come to the realization that my camera had a defect that may not be my fault. It appears to be in the bad batch of CCD's, although the S20 Pro is not listed as such.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

I have emailed Fuji, but do not expect a good outcome as to them repairing it for free. So, I started looking for a new camera and voila! the S100FS looks very promising. As others have stated I love the continuous shooting modes and was leaning towards a S8000fd or now the 8100 model, but now this changes everything.

Coming from a S602z (loved it) to a S9000 (didn't care for it) then to a S20 Pro I am anxious to see what this has in store. I smell a couple of sleepless nights in anticipation of this one.

On another note how come Fuji never continued the CCD SR line except in the high end dslr's? I sure loved my S20 Pro even though it lacked all the bells and whistles and MP's of the more recent models.

Public notice: There will be a candle-light vigil for my S20 Pro tomorrow night. Ha, ha.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow