Started Jan 27, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joe mama
Forum ProPosts: 12,623
Like?
Kublai Khan
Jan 27, 2008

A few people have chastized me for not being a good photographer, but relying on the exteme beauty of my "usual subject" to create my "eye candy". Well, I won't deny that. : )

However, I feel the people who say that underestimate the skills required to create good photos. Of course, the equipment most certainly plays a role, but most feel it is the ability and eye of the photographer that is central. For landscape, macro, and some other forms of photography, I'll not argue the point. But the primary attribute of a good people photographer is the ability to create beautiful models, and it is that ability that I proudly lay claim to, without any humility, as being my greatest strength as a photographer.

So, for all of those that thought I couldn't take a people photo at any f-ratio besides wide open to save my life, I'm here to prove you wrong! Here are the principles of "equivalence" at work: stopping down and upping the f-ratio to get enough DOF with a larger sensor using available light without getting an excessively noisy image. : )

Canon 5D + 24 / 1.4L @ f / 5.6, 1/20, ISO 800

http://www.pbase.com/joemama/image/92173894

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow