Started Jan 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
rick
Contributing MemberPosts: 685
Like?
Re: Bar Mitzfah Pros
In reply to scooterapd, Jan 26, 2008

scooterapd wrote:

I'm looking for some good reference websites to view Bar Mitzfah
Ceremony work from some folks who specialize.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Hello Darren , I have no desire to read this entire thread so here is my info for you ( hopefully not redundant). I will be shooting my first Bat Mitzvah in June of 08. Since I either shoot Portraits, weddings or Quinceneras ( NOT SWEET SIXTEEN'S) I researched and found a fantastic book.

Wedding Photography Art, Business & Style (second edition)
Steve Sint
Isbn # 1-57990-546-3

In the book there is a basic explanation of the Religious Ceremony and a 30+ shot list. the list enconpasses the Bat/Bar Mitzvah at the Temple and restaurant-hall. The book is a great resource,almost like a small photo encyclopedia. It has info on pricing,posing,lighting,equipment etc..

You will find many books on Jewish traditions, history etc at your local bookstore. As a practise I immerse myself in whatever NEW subject I will be shooting. The work will pay off in the sales generated.

I was amazed at how ornate and beatifull theseTemples are. Using the available light through the Temple's windows , should make for very happy clients. Let me know how you make out with the shoot.
Not preaching or converting here, just trying to help.
Rick Q.
http://www.pbase.com/wyatt/galleries

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow