Bar Mitzfah Pros

Started Jan 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 685
Re: Bar Mitzfah Pros
In reply to scooterapd, Jan 26, 2008

scooterapd wrote:

I'm looking for some good reference websites to view Bar Mitzfah
Ceremony work from some folks who specialize.

Thanks for any help!

-- hide signature --

Hello Darren , I have no desire to read this entire thread so here is my info for you ( hopefully not redundant). I will be shooting my first Bat Mitzvah in June of 08. Since I either shoot Portraits, weddings or Quinceneras ( NOT SWEET SIXTEEN'S) I researched and found a fantastic book.

Wedding Photography Art, Business & Style (second edition)
Steve Sint
Isbn # 1-57990-546-3

In the book there is a basic explanation of the Religious Ceremony and a 30+ shot list. the list enconpasses the Bat/Bar Mitzvah at the Temple and restaurant-hall. The book is a great resource,almost like a small photo encyclopedia. It has info on pricing,posing,lighting,equipment etc..

You will find many books on Jewish traditions, history etc at your local bookstore. As a practise I immerse myself in whatever NEW subject I will be shooting. The work will pay off in the sales generated.

I was amazed at how ornate and beatifull theseTemples are. Using the available light through the Temple's windows , should make for very happy clients. Let me know how you make out with the shoot.
Not preaching or converting here, just trying to help.
Rick Q.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow