ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jvaverka24_86
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
What film camera to buy???
Jan 26, 2008

Hello All,

I realize this is a digital photography site, but I am thinking there are people here who may also have experience with 35mm film cameras as well. I am taking a photography class at college which deals almost entirely with film and dark room processing, before the final couple weeks switch to digital. For digital, I am planning on purchasing/receiving a 400D with 18-55 IS (possibly 450D...I'll have to see what early reviews look like on it once it hits the shelves...) but I don't have a clue which film camera to buy. I have been thinking one of the Rebel film cameras, but I don't really have any reason for that other than the familiar name. I have done a little searching, but I have not found the DPReview equivalent for film cameras. (Does one exist? If so, feel free to just point me in that direction!)

So here's what I'm looking for:

35mm film camera
Must have some manual controls (doesn't HAVE to be SLR)

Price range - Under $200, preferrably $150 or under (want to keep this low as I will probably be purchasing a DSLR soon and I don't anticipate using film much once I am finished with the class.) Used is just fine, and probably preferred.

Sorry for the lengthy post! I would really appreciate hearing everyone's opinions! Thanks!

-JV

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow